My take of the 7 Deadly wastes:
- Transportation: Where the value of the product does not change, only it's location.
- Inventory: Like a ticking time bomb taking up space waiting to become obsolete.
- Movement: Efficiently transforming energy into wasted time.
- Waiting: Making valuable time disappear into thin air.
- Over production: Prime real estate being consumed by Inventory in waiting.
- Over processing: The art of introducing cost that will never be seen, used, appreciated or paid for.
- Defects: A full house of wasted Labour, Materials, Energy, Time, Space and overheads, with the added potential to annoy customers.